Fascinating episode of Inside the Factory on the BBC last night at Numatic International – home of our hardest working machinery, the Henry vacuum.
See below some of the interesting facts about the home of the Henry that we learned:
- Numatic is the biggest vacuum factory in the UK
- 1.2 million vacuums are made every year by Numatic
- They produce 5000 vacuums every day
- Henry is made up of 32 different parts
- A red Henry drum is produced every 55 seconds
- The famous Henry face started by someone drawing a face on a vacuum cleaner at a trade show as a joke to draw people in – people loved it and the Henry face as we know it began
- The wheels are made from recycled plastic
- It takes less than a minute to put together the base including the casters, wheels, hubcaps, face, nose, bag and filter
- The fan spins at 35,000 revolutions a minute, sucking in air at 90 miles per hour!
- Henry has a 10 meter cable – great to get to those hard to reach places!
- Henry has been in production for 40 years
- Henry has his own wand, yes really – the tube that connects the brush and the hose
- 90 miles of wands are produced every week
- That small hole in the tube – this is a pressure release valve
- It takes one hour and twenty minutes to make a Henry, twenty one individuals are involved to make him
Henry is such a vital part of our day to day work. CSG are proud to support a UK based company such as Numatic.
If you want to watch, click here
Back to news